Example of OTA in Hotel
Here are a couple of examples of well-known brands in Online Travel Agency (OTA).
- Expedia OTA, Inc. (Expedia, Hotels, Egencia, Hotwire, Trivago, Venere, CarRentals, Classic Vacations, Expedia CruiseShipCenters, Expedia Local Expert (LX), Wotif Group, Travelocity).
- TripAdvisor Inc is an American travel and restaurant website company that shows hotel and restaurant reviews, accommodation bookings and other travel-related content. It also includes interactive travel forums.
Direct bookings have become a key objective for hotels large and small hotels.
4 Steps to Increase Hotel Direct Booking
In an ultra-competitive sector, many hotels are moving away from Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) towards direct booking as part of a strategy to improve hotel revenue management.
1. Quality of your website and user experience
It is staggering how hoteliers often fail to understand the crucial role the hotel website and its UX plays in the overall health of the property and its bottom line. With over 50% of website visitors now viewing on mobile devices, a fully responsive mobile-first website design is a must. How old is the hotel website? If it is older than two years, it’s due for a re-design.
Making sure that your website is up to date is sure a must, you can use a couple of line tools to help you build a modern hotel website, fully responsive and beautifully designed.
But you need as well to focus on having and great quality content.
2. You need to work on your Unique Value Proposition
What is making you different from the next hotel? Do you have room type we cannot find on Booking.com? Are there amenities that we can only find in your hotel?
All this info must be there, guests are looking for something unique!
3. Stay competitive on OTAs so people land on your website
1 out of 2 clients visits your website after seeing you on an OTA.
Make sure to stay competitive or at least in line with your competitive set so when guest compares you on the OTAs, your hotel appears in their selection. By doing so, you increase the opportunities that they end up on your website.
4. Differentiate yourself from your website and bypass rate parity
Rate Parity with the OTAs is still in place in many countries, preventing hotels to propose better prices on their website. Most Hoteliers tend to offer breakfast or some other amenities if people book directly on their website.
However, solutions exist today to legally bypass rate parity, offer lower price right on your website and enable a revolutionary guest experience!